Inlägget kan innehålla sponsrade länkar. Läs mer här.
Dagens visdomsord kommer från Robert Collier (1885-1950) som var en amerikansk författare inom områden som självhjälp och ”praktisk psykologi”. Hans bok The Secret of the Ages som publicerades 1926 sålde i över 30o.ooo exemplar under hans livstid. Denna bok nämndes också i boken The Secret av Rhonda Byrne.
Boken The Secret of the Ages kan läsas i sin helhet helt gratis på denna länk.
Andra kända citat från Colliers böcker:
- ”You must intensify and render continuous by repeatedly presenting with suggestive ideas and mental pictures of the feast of good things, and the flowing fountain, which awaits the successful achievement or attainment of the desires.”
- ”The first principle of success is desire–knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed. Very few persons, comparatively, know how to Desire with sufficient intensity. They do not know what it is to feel and manifest that intense, eager, longing, craving, insistent, demanding, ravenous Desire which is akin to the persistent, insistent, ardent, overwhelming desire of the drowning man for a breath of air; of the shipwrecked or desert-lost man for a drink of water; of the famished man for bread and meat… ”
- ”See things as you would have them be instead of as they are”
- ”The great successful men of the world have used their imagination…they think ahead and create their mental picture in all its details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building – steadily building.”
- ”The first essential, of course, is to know what you want.”
- ”All power is from within and is therefore under our own control.”
- ”Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
Bild: George Eastman House